New updates: distinguishing between internal and client projects
Following the launch of our new interface, the feedback has been great and we thank you all for using GroupCamp. Most of this week's updates come from your suggestions plus general improvements on the new interface.
- Project settings: we are changing the presentation slightly by distinguishing between internal and private objects,
- A quick access button to application settings has been added to projects,
- In the various project applications we have added an ‘All’ selection to make it easier to notify everyone on a project.
New design for project settings
When you add a new project, we now distinguish between internal projects and client projects.
With the launch of the new user interface there are now 2 ways of creating open projects :
- By invitation only: only invited members can see the project when they click on the ‘My projects’ link of the Project menu.
- Open - to all users, in that particular case, all users can see the project, they can choose to access it or leave the project once they have joined. Members who have been added as Guests will not be able to see those open projects(see below).
In the case of a collaborative project with one or more clients, you can choose to create an open project which is open to all users including Guests (so users from all companies).
By clicking on 'My projects' then choosing the ‘Open projects’ tab you will see all open projects that are accessible and are free to join them.
Note : Even if a project is internal you can still invite a guest to collaborate.
Selecting all users for email notifications
If you are using a project with members from various companies, you no longer have to select all users per company.
Direct access to application settings from a project
For Administrators and Managers, we have added within a project a settings icon with direct access to the right application settings.
Let us know what other browsing feature you would like in the new User interface and don’t forget to follow our updates on Twitter, Facebook and Google+