New GroupCamp updates: new user management screen, excel import and more
We are happy to announce the release of the following new features:
- Email addresses are now unique in a GroupCamp account,
- changing the role of a user between Colleague and Guest is now simpler together with change in the company information of a user or guest,
new user management pop-up in a project,
- the privileges associated with the Colleague role can now be managed in the Roles and Privileges application
importing users, Colleagues or Guests, into an account from an Excel file,
- in the list of members for a project(Activity Application), the invitation status of each member is displayed and you can easily re-invite them to join a project.
Email addresses in a GroupCamp account are now unique
Up till now, multiple users in a GroupCamp account could have the same email address.
We have changed our policy on unique email addresses following feedback from a large number of clients: 1) duplicate users with the same email addresses 2) issues with re-invitation in an account 3) issues when using the Files or Tasks dropbox address 4) importing users from an Excel file was more difficult when duplicates were possible.
Please note that unique email addresses apply to both primary and additional email addresses of a user.
If you have existing users within your account with the same email address, GroupCamp will still allow you to have those even if they do pose certain issues as described above. However if you do try to add a user with an existing email address, GroupCamp will inform you of the existence of the email address so that you may solve your duplicate issues.
Identity management application. Changing user roles between Colleagues and Guests. Changing the company of a user.
In the Identity application, under Settings > Preferences > Identity, you can select a given user and when the user is a Guest, Administrators can now
- change the company of the selected Guest,
change the role of a Guest to make him or her a Colleague.
For a colleague, changing the role to a Guest can be done by selecting another company present within the account (or adding a new company):
New member management pop-up window
With the new user management window in a project, you can now:
- add or remove members from a project,
- create new colleagues or guests manually or using an Excel import file or by browsing your Google Contacts,
- assign the Administrator role to a new user,
- add or remove Managers,
- manage your online services for contacts, for instance Google Contacts.
To use the new user management pop-up click on ‘Manage members’ in the Activity app of a project:
Managing privileges for Colleagues
In the Roles and Privileges application, we have now added a new column representing the privileges that can be customized for a user with the Colleague role.
1) To grant the ability to manage members to your colleagues click on the checkbox shown below
2) In the same member management pop-up you can also grant the following privileges to your colleagues :
- allow Colleagues to add new Guests,
- allow Colleagues to add new Colleagues,
The corresponding privileges are highlighted in the screenshot below:
Activity application : presenting project members with their invitation status
By clicking on the status icon next to each user you can access the identity information for the user and 1) verify their email address 2) verify their invitation status 3) re-invite the user if necessary (by re-sending the invitation email).
We hope you enjoy your new features and we hope you are ready for much more to come.