Where can I change my currency? Do I need to pay the VAT? Where do I add my intra-community VAT number?
This article explains how to change the currency in which your account is billed and conditions under which companies need to pay GroupCamp with VAT.
GroupCamp is a French-based company and is governed by French and European law.
If your company is based in France, you are subject to the 20% VAT rate as a European company based in France.
If your company is based in a country which is a member state of the Europen Union (EU):
- If you provide GroupCamp with an intra-community VAT number you will be billed without VAT.
- If you do not provide an intra-community VAT number (see VIES system below), the VAT rate of your country will be applied on your invoice.
- Your paying currency is automatically set to Euros (EUR)
If your company is based outside of the European Union, you are not subject to VAT and you can pay in either Euros or US Dollars.
Provide your intra-community VAT number. Change your currency.
If you are a European company looking to provide your intra-community VAT number, go to Admin panel, then click on Manage my account- subscriptions. Please note that only the Owner of the account can access this page.
The billing information section is located at the bottom of the page.
The country of residence of your company determines the following:
- The choice of your currency: Euro for companies based in a member state of the European Union (EU), Euro or USD for companies based outside of the European Union.
- The need to provide an intra-community VAT number for companies based in a member state of the European Union.
Click on Edit to enter the intra-community VAT number:
Verifying your intra-community VAT number using the VIES system
GroupCamp checks the VAT numbers provided by our European clients using the European VIES system.
You can check your own VAT number using the following link: VIES.
Once your VAT system is verified, your invoices for GroupCamp services are established excluding VAT. Otherwise the VAT rate of your country applies. GroupCamp provides declarations of its European invoices on a monthly basis
If your VAT number exists but cannot be verified by the VIES, please check the VIES FAQ.