How to use GroupCamp on a tablet?
With tablets, you have the ability to access GroupCamp's Desktop and Responsive versions through a web browser in an online mode. GroupCamp's applications for iPad and Android tablets can be downloaded.
In this article, we will cover:
- Select a version: Desktop vs Tablet vs Responsive
- Desktop vs Tablet
- Responsive version for tablets
- Direct URL access to Desktop and Responsive versions
- Tablets and supported browsers
- GroupCamp's applications for iPad, iPhone and Android
With a tablet, you can use the GroupCamp's Desktop and Responsive versions.
In the Desktop version, the version selector is located at the lower left corner of the plateform. The selector allows you to pick Tablet if you wish to use a Desktop version optimized for touch screens tablets.
Selecting the Tablet option allows you to access the Desktop version optimized for tablets. Main differences are:
- Font size is larger for better readability and easier navigation on your touch screen tablet,
- Commands dispayed ON-MOUSE-OVER in the desktop version will remain displayed with the Tablet option,
On the left side, you can see the desktop version, on the right side, you can see the same screen optimized for tablets (commands remain displayed in the tablet version).
The Responsive version offered by GroupCamp is different from the Desktop version. This Responsive version is also used for IOS and Android applications.
The Responsive version adapts itself to the position of your tablet (horizontal or vertical). See below the Tasks application in a horizontal and vertical view.
To access your GroupCamp account, launch your browser in your tablet:
- To use the Desktop version: Enter the following address in your browser > https://my-address.groupcamp.com
- To use the Responsive version: Enter the following address in your browser > https://m.groupcamp.com/#my-address
Note: Your web browser needs to allow cookies ( if this option is not enabled in your web browser, you will not be able to sign in).
- iPad tablets (by Apple) > Supported browsers are Safari and/or Chrome
- Android tablets > Supported browsers are Firefox and/or Chrome.
Note: GroupCamp's tablet touch interface complies with standard HTML and CSS and can therefore be used with other standards-based tablet browsers.