Project Management with Google Drive and GroupCamp
This FAQ explains how you can connect Google Drive to your GroupCamp Project Management Software account to share files and folders in your projects and manage Google Docs, Google Sheets or Google Slides documents.
The Google Drive feature can be enabled or disabled with the Integration icon of the Admin panel of your GroupCamp account. To find out more, please read: Enable integrations: Box, Dropbox, Google, Microsoft.
In this article:
- Connect a Google Drive account
- Browse and share Google Drive files and folders
- Attach Google Drive files on tasks
- Disconnect a Google Drive account
To use the Google Drive service, go in your Preferences app by clicking on your name and select the Integration menu. (@ Me > Preferences app).
Click on the + button to connect a Google account.
In the GroupCamp Permissions window, be sure that Google Drive is selected.
Please note that getting your Google profile is mandatory for us to list your Google account in GroupCamp.
Click on Ok and we will connect you to Google. In the Google window, select your account and then allow GroupCamp to provide you access to your Google Drive within GroupCamp (and more if you have checked all services).
The connection is now established with Google Drive. You can now navigate in your Google Drive within your GroupCamp Project Management account.
In all GroupCamp Files app, clic on the New file button to opent the New file window. Then select your Google account to browse your Drive.
1. Search a file in Google Drive
2. Browse through your Drive folders. If you have many folders, you might not be able to see the folder tree but you will still be able to see the folders breadcrumb.
3. The Share link allows your to:
- Share a link to a file or a folder in GroupCamp.
- Import files. (Google Docs can be imported in the following formats: docx, odt, pdf, rtf, html, zip, etc.).
- Manage Google Drive access rights on your files and folders.
Import formats are processed by Google. Imported files will be counted in your GroupCamp account storage quota. Links are not counted.
In GroupCamp, you can manage the Google Drive document sharing rights.
Note: Access rights on shared links in GroupCamp are set up in Google Drive.
Attach Google Drive files and folders to tasks. Assigned users will access relevant data quicker.
All files and folders can be attached to tasks, milestones, task lists, posts, discussions, Wiki pages, etc.
To disconnect the Google service, click on the @Me menu, then click on the Integration menu located in the Preferences application.
Use the Disconnect link.