How do private objects work in applications Tasks and Milestones of GroupCamp Project?
This FAQ explains how to use private objects in applications Tasks and Milestones in GroupCamp Project.
With GroupCamp Project, you can invite clients to participate into your projects. Private objects can then be used to hide milestones and related task lists from invited guests within the project.
When private objects are enabled in a project, you can have the following combinations:
- When a milestone is not private, the associated task list can be either private or non-private.
- When a milestone is private, the associated task lists can only be private.
- When the Milestones application is made private (with [P] label displayed in the tab) all the milestones are private. All related task lists are therefore also private.
- A task list can be private or non-private if it is not associated with any milestone.
To activate Private Objects in your projects, please consult this FAQ: Use Private Objects in a project with clients
In this article:
- Using a public milestone with either private or non-private task lists
- Using private milestones
- Hiding the Milestones application for clients invited to a project
- How to make a task list private?
- Linking task list to milestones
- Making a private milestone public
In a collaborative project with a client, you may not want the client to see tasks assigned to your colleagues. For that use a private task list in which you assign tasks to your colleagues. Users of your client organization will not see this task list. You can then add other task lists which are non-private which can then be visible to your client (you can also assign tasks to your client). Your colleagues will see the private task lists with the [P] label next to the task list as shown.
When using private milestones, associated task lists are automatically made private. In a client project, you may have an internal project plan which is for your colleagues only.
The milestones and the associated task lists will not be visible to your client and your colleagues will see the [P] label next to all the milestones.
You can hide the whole Milestone application and associated task lists by setting the whole Milestones application as being private.
Please refer to the following FAQ for help on how to make Milestones private: Use Private Objects in a project with clients
To make a task list private (without linking the task list to a private milestone).
Then in the Tasks application, edit the Task list, then check the Private list option to make the task list private.
To link a task list to a milestone first edit the task list. You can either link the task list to a private or a non-private milestone. Please note that when the milestone is private the task list is automatically forced to private as shown below:
To make a private milestone public, first edit the milestone. Then uncheck the Private milestone option.
Please note that the task lists associated with the milestone will remain private. You can then for each list choose which one to make non-private.