We are happy to announce that GroupCamp is now integrated with Google Contacts for accounts installed from the Google Apps Marketplace.
If you have a GroupCamp account attached to your Google Apps domain, you can now browse all your contacts to add users to your GroupCamp account. Please note that an administrator of your Google Apps domain must first grant access by GroupCamp to Google Contacts data. This is done in the Google Apps administrator control panel.
The rest is straightforward. For instance in the new Guests application in the administrator section use the ‘New guests from your Google Apps contacts’ link to add users from your list of Google contacts.
We have some major updates in August for Account Administrators and Owners.
· The ‘Account’ application dedicated to the owner of a GroupCamp account is now a separate button in the top menu bar.
· We have a brand new and improved ‘Users’ app in the Admin section
· The Company application is now redesigned as a Guests app.
· The Members app in a project has therefore been updated to reflect those changes.
All these new updates are a first step before we add new features to allow for import of contacts from Google and Google Apps accounts
New account app
The screenshot below shows the new design for the Account App.
We have improved the interfaces for viewing account events and invoices. Please note that defining users as administrators is now done in the Users App In the Admin section and not in the Account Apps.
In a recent blog post, we talked about the need to take time zones into account in our online projects.
We're now happy to announce the following new features:
- the owner of an account can select a time zone for the account and its administrators: this is done in the Account application in the Admin section.
- Administrators can specify a time zone per project. In the Project Application of the Admin section, edit a project and underneath a given project you can set the time zone for the project..
- The time zone is displayed within the project and all dates and tiles are dislayed accordingly in all apps(activity feed in Overview, Due Dates, Milestones, Timelog, etc...)
Many of you have been asking how we intended to support time zones within Project. It's now time (it's actually 11:00 GMT+1:00H in Paris) to give you a little heads up on our plans.
Getting started with a project time zone
Currently all projects are in the Paris time zone. Not ideal if your project is in the US. So the first sep is to allow administrators to define a project time zone for each project.
Addressing User time zones
You will come across project members in the Project Overview app and we want to allow for a display of each user time zone so every member knows where each project member is based. Displaying the offset in different user time zones will also help.
For Project Managers and Administrators. Application settings get a quick access button in the top menu bar.
As many of you know we are committed at GroupCamp to keeping our User Interface as simple as possible. So as we add more and more features to our applications, we leave it to our customers to decide whether they want to activate those new features. So the applications settings page is bound to become very useful to Administrators and Managers. The idea with the new Settings button is to make it easier for them to access the Applications settings.
GroupCamp Editor's note : This is the first part of our 'Did You Know' series. There is no easy way to present all the features we have developed. But from time to time in this series we will present key useful features which might be of great help in managing your work.