We are very pleased to present new features of the GroupCamp platform version 3.
New organization in modules and changes of the GroupCamp plans
- The Project and Reports modules are available in all plans.
- The Scheduling, Timesheet, Budget and Cost Management modules are available from the BEST plan.
- Prices of our plans do not change.
Contact GroupCamp support when you are in the START or PLUS plan and want to retrieve timesheet and budget data without changing your plan.
Possible problems due to migration to V3
The principle of migration to V3 is based on the security of access to the data of your account by its users and therefore not to grant a privilege that a user did not have. This principle means that users may have lost privileges.
This blog post details the rules that were used for the migration to the new version 3 of GroupCamp as well as the actions to be carried out by administrators, planners and project managers.
Here are the latest updates installed today to your GroupCamp.
- A journal has been added to the Manage tags window. You can see who has done what.
- You can now filter projects by tag in the Scheduling apps.
- You can find new videos in the Scheduling help window.
Videos allow you to see how to: Create a job, Move a job to another date, Change the duration of a job, Split a job and Add a new time off.
This article is dedicated to customers whose GroupCamp accounts were created before April 2015. It explains how to migrate local Files app tags to new global tags.
How to migrate local tags being used in the Files app
Following the introduction of the new tags, the privileges associated with the Visibility & Add / Remove features can no longer be set per project. Check which users have access to the tags.
Here are the new features and improvements you will find in your GroupCamp.
- No more Tracking group and new Timesheet icon in the Admin panel which centralizes all time spent related features and privileges to manage timesheets.
- View recent time spent records entered by a user.
- The Overview app of a project can now be private and also has a new design.
- New Period menu in the Dashboard > Costs for projects app.
New Admin panel Timesheet icon
This new icon centralizes all related time spent features and privileges.
We are happy to introduce the new Journal feature to list who has done what in your GroupCamp account.
- New Journal icon in the Admin panel to list all actions in your account.
- New Journal tab in the Group settings window to list setting updates in a project, an intranet or an extranet group.
- New Journal tab in the Information panel of a group to show when members joined and left the group.
- New Journal tab in the Company window.
We are happy to inform you of some updates to the latest version of GroupCamp.
- Your Time unit choice (days or hours) is now unique to your account. This time unit applies to timesheets, budgets, exports, reports, etc.
- Updates to how timesheets are filled out.
- New display formats for number and duration which can be configured in your preferences. (@ Me > Preferences > Regional options).
- You can decide on the order of your project applications. The display of the project description field has moved from the Activity app. to the Overview app.
- New Copy to... feature for the Tasks app.
New enhancement for resizing GroupCamp Tables.
- Admin panel updates for GroupCamp invoices.
- We have renamed "Google Apps" to "G Suite".
Updates to how timesheets are filled out
Note: the time unit used for your timesheets may have changed.
When the time unit = days (d) the form appears as such:
New feature: you can now enter time in hours and it will be automatically converted into days (see the above screenshot).