Start by creating companies in the Admin section and invite users from those companies. When you create a multi-company project, add the companies which should participate. In a multi-company project you can decide if a file or a task list is private or not. If you have multiple companies you can decide which one of them can see a private file. For example if you have multiple versions of a file you can mark them as private in the initial drafts. Once you reach a version that can be shared with outside companies, if the file is no longer marked as private, it will be shared by selected companies.
To share files with your clients and prtners, simply add users from outside companies to your project to access the secure extranet (SSL 256 bits - https access) with a controlled access.
Why use an extranet ?
• Share project content with your clients, suppliers and partners. Collaborate more efficiently without having to go through contant call conferences or drowning your clients in endless emails.
• Company daily management, for a club, a non-profit organisation, an internal department.
• To prepare a major event
• To start a collaborative writing project on a report or any project deliverable
• To launch an open project dedicated to new ideas
Extranet Study Case 1 : Sharing files in a managed workspace.
If you want to share files only in a secure extranet you can choose to enable only the Files application in one of your projects. The files will be available to the invited users and tou can select the relevant users to whom you wish to grant access.
Why use GroupCamp Project for your extranet :
• you can set different user rights for users depending on their company, for example vous pouvez autoriser ou interdire à vos invités le chargement de nouveaux documents dans le projet,
• you can enable the 'downloading history feature for every file. This feature allows you to make sure that a shared files has been downloaded by clients an partners.
• you can decide whether to authorise email notifications and whether to enable comments by email replies.
Extranet Study Case 2 : Add discussions to your extranet
You can add the Discussions application to your project. You can then organise discussions into topics. Invited users can then access discussions by signing into the project extranet and add their comments.
Why GroupCamp Projet :
• you authorise or deny users the right to create discussions or topics.vous pouvez autoriser ou interdire la création de nouvelles rubriques par vos invités, idem pour les discussions,
• you can decide whether to authorise email notifications to be sent out by the application. This means that comments can only be added by users who sign into the online project.
Extranet Study Case 3 : Use your extranet for collaborative writing
You can add the Wiki application to a project, to create pages on which several users can collaborate. Each page can be linked with a simple http link. Invited users can add their contributions, and edit existing content. You can also send out pages by email for followers to comment.
Extranet Study Case 4 : With your extranet, assign tasks to project members
Add the Tasks application to your project. You can decide to which member the task should be assigned. All members with access to the extranet can have a clear view of all project responsibilities. They can then ask for support for specific items to the relevant project members.
Why GroupCamp Project :
• users can work on the same tasks and can update a given tasks with different types or with comments.
• users can organise tasks into task lists which represent specific topics,
• users can decide whether invited users can add new task lists or new tasks,
• users can set priority levels on tasks (Ex: Urgent, Medium, Low)
Extranet Study Case 5 : If you have to meet tight deadlines, share a project schedule with all your project members.
Your extranet can become a collaborative project. You can add the Milestones application, which will allow you to put down all the key deadlines for your project. The corresponding project schedule is then displayed in the project overview so that all project members share the same view of the project scope and timeframes.
Extranet Study Case 6 : If time is critical for you...
The Timelog & Timesheets applications are what you need. By adding the Timelog application to a project, all members will be able to enter time records corresponding to the time spent collaborating on the project.
With your extranet, collaboration is simpler, faster more secure and more efficient.