Get all your GroupCamp tasks and jobs synced with your office calendar: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, etc.
This GroupCamp article explains how to use calendar sync to have all your tasks and jobs synced with your office calendar: Google, Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, Mozilla, etc.
GroupCamp allows you to synchronize your tasks with due dates and jobs from your schedule with your office calendars. There are several methods for Calendar synchronization in GroupCamp:
- By authorizing GroupCamp to update your Google Calendar automatically using the Google Calendar API (Application Programming Interface) for Gmail accounts and for G Suite users,
- By authorizing GroupCamp to update your Outlook Calendar automatically using the Microsoft API. This iintegration is available only for outlook.com, hotmail, Live or MSN Microsoft accounts,
- By adding an iCalendar feed in your desktop Microsoft Outlook , Apple iCal, Mozilla or Google Calendar
You can also read the following articles on calendar sync:
- How to sync your GroupCamp account with Google Calendar
- How to sync your data with a Microsoft Calendar: Outlook.com, hotmail, etc
- Add an internet calendar in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2016 - iCalendar feed
- How to use the iCalendar format to sync my tasks and jobs in my office calendar
Troubleshoot calendar sync issues
Your calendar is empty, no entries can be found
Only tasks, milestones or jobs assigned to you are synced. Please verify your tasks with due dates or milestones in GroupCamp.
You have created new events in your synced calendar and you cannot found them in GroupCamp
Synchronization are one-way only, from GroupCamp to your calendar.
Your due dates are different in GroupCamp and in your synced Google Calendar
If your synced tasks and milestones are not displayed on the same day in your Calendar and in GroupCamp, the most logical explanation is that your time zone in your GroupCamp account is not the same as the one in your synced calendar. Both need to be in the same time zone.
Note: When a due date is set on a particular day in the time zone of a user, the exact time of the due date on that day is 11:00PM (23h00)
Google & iCalendar
The Google Calendar is not updated automatically if you are using synchronization via an iCalendar feed.
With the iCalendar feed, Google synchronizes once every 24 hours. This explains why some updates might not automatically be reflected in your Google Calendar.
Synchronizing your personal tasks and milestones using authorizations via the Google Calendar API is more efficient.
Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar sync using account authorization (API)
By authorizing GroupCamp to automatically update your Calendar, your data will be automatically synced with your Calendar. In case of synchronization issues, please check the following:
- Under @Me > Preferences > Integrations. Check whether your account is connected. It may be helpful to disconnect your account and connect it again to renew the authorization
- Under @Me > Preferences > Calendar. Check the Calendar and Data you are syncronizing with. Make sure you are looking into the right Google or Microsoft Calendar (and make sure the calendar is checked so that you see updates for this calendar). It might also help to cancel the synchronization and sync your calendar again.
- Check the time zone of your project and compare it with your calendar time zone.