New updates: Improved member management pop-up. Roles & Privileges update.
In this week’s release we have made the following improvements following customer feedback:
- Access to application settings has been improved with a new pop-up window mechanism
- The Manage members pop-up window has been significantly improved with quick add links
- The organization of roles and privileges has been simplified
Improved access to application settings
Access to application settings works the same way as before. Go to the top right corner of the application zone.
When you click on the settings icon a new pop-up window will show up as shown below:
You can therefore update application settings without leaving your project
Improved ‘Manage members’ pop-up
The following features have been added or improved : 1) Quick add of members in a project group, 2) Assignment of the Manager role 3) Highlighting the new members added to a project.
The new pop-up window is shown below:
You can use the search field to search for users or companies. You can also use the quick add to access the quick links for internal organisations and companies which are present in the account.
When you click on the suggested links the users of the organization or company are displayed onscreen. You can then choose which users to add to the project group.
A quick add has the same effect as the search for a company or organization in the search field.
The other improvement in the Manage members pop-up is the Managers tab. This tab now presents a list of colleagues in the project and allows you to assign the manager role to selected colleagues. To remove the Manager role, uncheck the members selected in the screen.
Updates in the Roles and Privileges application
Access to administration applications for Managers and Colleagues has been removed for the Preferences and Admin menu.
In the Project section of the Roles and Privileges application, additional rights have been added at the project level.
- The sub-section Manage members has been added to manage access to the pop-up in the Activity application of each project group
The Profile sub-section governs
- access to the update of the profile of colleagues members of a project by managers of the same project group.
- access to the update of the profile of guests invited in a project by colleagues
As always your feedback is welcome. We will be adding more new features very soon so stay tuned.