How to use the Reports application for cross-project status reports?
This GroupCamp FAQ explains how you can use the Reports application located in the cross-project Dashboard menu to generate project reports and export data to an Excel file format.
The Reports application offers several menus that fit your use of GroupCamp.
In this article:
- Access cross-project status reports
- How to use GroupCamp Tables
- Budget - Time spent Menu
- Project summary figures Menu
- Planning of projects Menu
- Charts Menu
- Time spent export Menu
Click on the Dashboard menu, then click on the Reports app.
Only authorized users can access the Reports application. Find out more here: How to set up cross-project dashboard application.
With the GroupCamp Tables you can:
- Filter the displayed data (filter bar: internal projects or client projects, group category, project manager, etc.)
- Show or hide columns, (right click on the name of a column)
- Sort the table on a column, (left click on the name of a column)
- Save your display in your favorite filters, (click on the Save this filter link in the filter bar)
- Export the data displayed in Excel format. (Click the Export button)
Use the Starred filters to save your favorite reports
Example of Starred filter: Customer budget tracking
This menu is presented in the form of a table of data, available columns are the following ones:
This menu is presented as a table of data, available columns are the following ones:
This menu displays your projects in a Gantt view. The start and end dates of a project are displayed on the screen with project milestones. In case the project does not have dates (start date and project end date), only the milestones are displayed.
You can save your filters with this menu.
This report contains the elements displayed in the Overview application of your projects.
- The projects select menu allows you to choose between active projects, favorite projects, projects based on a group category, or a custom list of projects.
- Choose the time unit to be used when displaying all time data in the report (Days or Hours).
- Select the blocks you wish to display in the report.
- Sort the order in which blocks are displayed in the report (with the up and down arrows)
Define settings for project metrics
Click on the Manage button to define which project metrics to display in the report.
Select the project summary figures you want to display in your report.
Define settings for charts
Click on the Manage button to choose charts to be displayed in the report.
1. Choose the period to be displayed: Weeks or Months.
2. Select the charts to be displayed
Time category - Breakdown
3. Define display options for the pie charts. Disable both options if you do not want to display this chart.
Time category - Values
4. Select the values to be displayed.
You can save your reports and share them with other users.
When a report is used frequently you can save and name the report. All the selection criteria will be saved including the display settings.
Then use the Saved reports menu to access saved reports.
Across all your projects, you can export budget and time spent data to an Excel file.
Select you report:
- Time spent by project: one Excel line per project.
- Time spent by project and time category: one Excel line per time category and project for all selected projects.
- Time spent by project and user: one Excel line per user and project for all selected projects.
Select your Projects and Time unit.
Select your period and Weeks or Months (Excel columns time spent calculation period).
Note: This feature is also available per project. Use the Actions menu of the project.