How to sync your GroupCamp account with Google Calendar?
This FAQ article explains how to use your GroupCamp account with Google Calendar.
GroupCamp allows you to synchronize your personal tasks and milestones with your Google Calendar of your personal Google Account (ie your personal Gmail account in firstname.lastname@example.org). This feature also works with users who have Google Apps for Business domains in which GroupCamp applications have been installed from the Google Apps Marketplace.
Please note that when your GroupCamp account is synced with Google Calendar, the synchronization is only one-way, from GroupCamp to Google Calendar. Any changes made to a synced GroupCamp event will not be updated in your GroupCamp account.
If you are witnessing issues with Calendar synchronization, please refer to Troubleshooting common Calendar syncronization issues
To synchronize your Google Calendar, go to the @Me menu, then in the Preferences app click on the Calendar menu
Choose Sync your Google Account Calendar or your Google Apps Calendar,
If you have not yet synced a Google Account with your GroupCamp account, the following screen will be displayed and you'll need to authorize GroupCamp to access your Google Calendar first by clicking on Grant data access to GroupCamp.
If you are not already signed into a Google account, Sing in! Then Allow access to GroupCamp.
Please note with this authorization, you will also be able to browse your Google Contacts and your files in Google Drive. Please refer to the following articles:
- How to use GroupCamp Project with Google Drive
- How to add a Google Contact as a Colleague or Guest into your GroupCamp account
You will then be re-directed to the Calendar application
You can choose which Google Calendar to synchronize:
- To synchronize GroupCamp with your main Google calendar (which is the one matching your Gmail address). If you have more than one calendar in your account they will be displayed in the list.
- You can also create a new calendar in Google by clicking on the link Create a new calendar.
You calendar is now synced:
To cancel the synchronization, click on the delete icon next to the synced calendar information.
By creating a new Google calendar you can distinguish between your company assginments and your personal calendar. The name of the new Google calendar will be displayed in the left menu of your Google calendar.
When you access your Google Calendar, the following new information is displayed:
The following updates are now displayed
- in My Calendars, the newly created Calendar is now displayed.
- If you had existing assignments, they are now automatically synced.
Displaying task information in a calendar: