How to set my preferences for email notifications
This article will explain you how to set your GroupCamp email notification preferences.
When you are signed into your GroupCamp account, click on your name in the top navigation bar to access your Preferences App.
Available settings include:
- Enable the weekly email report on tasks and milestones in your project
The Inbox app containts all items you are following. When a new item is added or an existing item is updated, this will generate a new message in your Inbox.
Email notifications settings allow you to define how your want to receive these items in your mailbox.
To read more about, please consult this article: How to use the Inbox application.
To disable weekly reports, uncheck the Enable notification option.
You can exclude specific projects from the weekly report by selecting particular projects which you do not want to include in the report.
An example of a weekly email digest is shown below:
Weekly report email description:
The email starts with a table summary including all milestones and tasks for all your projects.
Note: Projects in which you do not have tasks or milestones are not displayed
For every project, the weekly email digest covers the following items:
- late items
- upcoming deadlines (tasks and milestones with due dates)
- deadlines for the following week,
- tasks which do not have due dates for each project.
Other key aspects for the email digest:
1) If you are assigned to perform a task without any due date in a list which is linked to a milestone, then that particular milestone's due date will be considered as the due date for the task:
- For a late milestone, this task will be displayed as being late,
- if the milestone is due for the upcoming week, the task will be displayed as due for the upcoming week.
For example: You have a milestone entitled "Furniture delivery during the event", 3 tasks are linked to this particular milestone:
- Task 1: "booth equipment management"
- Task 2: "Booth team check-list"
- Task 3 "Documentation and forms"
These three tasks will be considered to have the same due date as the milestone entitled: "Furniture delivery during the event".
2) If you are the owner of the milestone, all on-going tasks linked to the milestone are displayed on your email digest even if the tasks are not directly assigned to you. As the owner of the milestone, you are also responsible for the tasks in the attached task lists.
3) When a task has a due date which is different from that of the linked milestone, the task is displayed separately.
Example : In the list "booth equipment management", you have added a task entitled "demos and showcase" with a due date that comes after a milestone, this task will have to be done after the linked milestone.