How to generate time reports across projects using the Timesheet application
This GroupCamp FAQ explains how you can use the Timesheet application to generate time reports across projects.
The Timesheet application allows you to generate reports for time spent by users on projects and time categories.
In this article:
- Access user timesheet reports
- Use filtering options to customize reports
- Use sorting options in Timesheet reports
- Save custom Timesheet reports in an account
- Limit the number of displayed time records
To access user timesheet reports click on the Timesheet application located in the left sidebar. Once you are in the Timesheet application, click on the Reports button.
User timesheet reports based on user privileges
Setting up the Timesheet application (Read FAQ : How to set up the Timesheet application?) allows you to determine:
- Who can access timesheet reports for all users in the account.
- Who can access timesheet reports for projects only.
- If Colleagues and Guests can access their own personal timesheet reports or not.
This option allows you to select all users, including deleted users and also time spent records which were not assigned to a particular user (unassigned records).
This option allows you to select users of a team.
This option allows you to select colleagues that are part of an organization including (or not) colleagues from sub-organizations.
This option allows you to select all users (guests) of an invited company.
This option allows you to select records that are not assigned to any user.
This option allows you to choose records for users that have been removed from the account.
This option allows you to define a custom list of users.
This option allows you to select all time categories including records entered on project time categories or timesheet categories.
Records entered on timesheet categories
This option allows you to select only time spent on timesheet categories (ie. independent of any project).
This option allows you to define a custom list of time categories.
All time records
This option includes both billable and non-billable hours.
Billable time records
This options allows you to select billable hours only.
Non-billable time records
This option allows you to select non-billable hours only.
Please note that if no filter has been set, all time records are selected.
The sorting options allows you to define sub-totals based on the way you wish to group time records.
The screenshot below shows a report sorted by user, by project then by category:
1. The records are sorted by user first. The first level of sub-totals for each user is given in the Duration column.
2. The records are then sorted by project. For each user, the sub-total per project is given in the Duration column.
3. The records are then sorted by category. For each category in each project and each user, the sub-total is given in the duration column.
4. The description of the time record made is displayed.
When you run the same reports frequently, you can save these reports by naming them. These reports are then shared with other administrators in the account.
To create and save a new report, define your filtering options, set your sorting options, then generate the report by clicking on Ok.
Click on Save this report, then name the report in the pop-up below, click on Ok.
To use a saved report, click on the select menu on the right.
Your report request is displayed, you can then select a period and generate your report again.
Note: The period information for a report is not saved.
When your report request covers a very high number of records (around 20,000 entries) and even if the result contains few time records, the result will not be displayed online and the following message will be displayed:
You can either edit your report criteria (especially by editing the requested period) or you can choose to export the results in an Excel or CSV Export file.
Example of this type of request: Generating a report involving a high number of deleted users over a large period of time. This report will require an analysis of all users over a long period of time.