How can I change the name or URL of my account
This GroupCamp FAQ explains how you can change the name and URL of your GroupCamp account. Only the Owner of an account can change the name, web address or URL of an account.
The name of your account is the one displayed in the top left corner of any GroupCamp account. The name is generally the name of your company or organization. In the screenshot above the name of the Company is Nano Communication.
The URL or Web address of your account (or domain name) is the the link which you need to enter in a browser to sign into your account. This is made of a name followed by '.groupcamp.com'.
In the screenshot above, the web address or URL of your account is https://nanocom.groupcamp.com. Once you are signed in, based on the cluster on which your account is hosted in the GroupCamp cloud infrastructure, the web address is redirected and may include c1, c2, c3, and so forth. In the example below the cluster is c2.
To change the information above for your account, Go to the Admin panel, then click on the
Account name - Account access URL icon.
When you change the Web address or URL of your account:
- The new URL must be available (each URL is unique on the GroupCamp platform),
- You are automatically signed out and redirected to the new account sign in page (Caution: all other signed in users will also be signed out and redirected),
- Your previous web address will become available for other users setting up new GroupCamp accounts,
- All links sent in notification emails to the previous account will no longer work
- You need to inform all account users if you update the URL or web address of your account.