We are happy to announce the release of the following new features:
- Email addresses are now unique in a GroupCamp account,
- changing the role of a user between Colleague and Guest is now simpler together with change in the company information of a user or guest,
new user management pop-up in a project,
- the privileges associated with the Colleague role can now be managed in the Roles and Privileges application
importing users, Colleagues or Guests, into an account from an Excel file,
- in the list of members for a project(Activity Application), the invitation status of each member is displayed and you can easily re-invite them to join a project.
Email addresses in a GroupCamp account are now unique
Up till now, multiple users in a GroupCamp account could have the same email address.
We have changed our policy on unique email addresses following feedback from a large number of clients: 1) duplicate users with the same email addresses 2) issues with re-invitation in an account 3) issues when using the Files or Tasks dropbox address 4) importing users from an Excel file was more difficult when duplicates were possible.
Please note that unique email addresses apply to both primary and additional email addresses of a user.
If you have existing users within your account with the same email address, GroupCamp will still allow you to have those even if they do pose certain issues as described above. However if you do try to add a user with an existing email address, GroupCamp will inform you of the existence of the email address so that you may solve your duplicate issues.
Identity management application. Changing user roles between Colleagues and Guests. Changing the company of a user.
In the Identity application, under Settings > Preferences > Identity, you can select a given user and when the user is a Guest, Administrators can now
- change the company of the selected Guest,
change the role of a Guest to make him or her a Colleague.
We are happy to announce that we have significantly improved the format in which time estimates are displayed in the the Tasks application in an effort to have a common format for time tracking records:
- Entering time estimates in hours: updated from the X.Y hours (X hours and Y tenth of an hour) to the hh:mm:ss format,
- Entering time estimates in 2 different time measuring units, hours and days with the use of the unit conversion rate to convert between the two,
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: please note that it is therefore crucial that you set your conversion rate between hours to days carefully,
- Forcing the use of a particular time unit.
Entering time estimates on tasks in hours: new format hh:mm:ss
Many of you have requested that we have a common format for both time estimates and time records for the amount of time spent. Using decimals when entering or managing time duration is not easy.
We have therefore switched to the new hh:mm:ss format:
Switching to the new format: 0.2 h is now displayed as 0h12. 2 tenths of an hour = 12 minutes
Following our latest release of the project summary report we have now introduced in the summary report the ability to compare project metrics between 2 different dates.
You can now for instance compare the metrics in your project summary report with those of each Saturday of former weeks or with the beginning of former months.
Monitoring project progress works by recording project metrics every Saturday and on every first day of the month as from the 29th December of 2012. You can therefore compare project metrics as from the 1st of January of 2013.
Controlling access to the project metrics comparison selector
Following the launch of our new interface, the feedback has been great and we thank you all for using GroupCamp. Most of this week's updates come from your suggestions plus general improvements on the new interface.
- Project settings: we are changing the presentation slightly by distinguishing between internal and private objects,
- A quick access button to application settings has been added to projects,
- In the various project applications we have added an ‘All’ selection to make it easier to notify everyone on a project.
New design for project settings
When you add a new project, we now distinguish between internal projects and client projects.
With the launch of the new user interface there are now 2 ways of creating open projects :
- By invitation only: only invited members can see the project when they click on the ‘My projects’ link of the Project menu.
- Open - to all users, in that particular case, all users can see the project, they can choose to access it or leave the project once they have joined. Members who have been added as Guests will not be able to see those open projects(see below).
In the coming days and weeks we will be publishing detailed blog posts on some of the major features we have just released but for now here is an almost exhaustive list of what is new in the latest version of GroupCamp.
It all starts with the new UI
Please refer to our blog on the guiding principles behind the new UI.
The ‘Network’ sidebar menu with Profile and People
- New enriched profile page for users and guests,
- Customize the available fields in user profiles,
- Manage visibility or privacy of your profile information,
- The People app now serves a corporate directory. Invited guests within the app only see people within their own company.
- Please note that Members tab in each project has been removed. Clicking on the members of a project will now direct you to that user’s Profile page
Tracking pack and Timesheet app
- You can now grant access to Timesheet to users of your account even if ther are not members of a project.
- Access to the Tracking pack is managed in the settings for Users and Guests.
Global settings: project time measuring unit & timesheets
- As an Administrator you can set the unit to be used by all users of the account (hours or days) for all projects. This applies to both estimated time and records for time spent,
- The same applies for the Timesheet.