Timesheet and Timelog apps updates - Dec 2016
Here are the latest improvements to GroupCamp's Timelog and Timesheet applications.
- New Projects reports for project managers.
- New Users reports for viewing the timesheets of all users.
- The workweek is now the same for all users in your GroupCamp.
In following up on your feedback to the GroupCamp support team:
- We have changed the column order for the menus: My recent time spent records and Recent time spent records. The columns for Date and Last update can now be sorted.
- We have revamped recording time spent: 1) the window for recording can now be moved and allows added time to be viewed more easily; 2) links for + Add a time record now exist for each day worked.
Project managers can access their project reports in the Timesheet application. These reports allow for the viewing and confirmation of time spent by the members of their projects. These can be viewed by Week or by Month.
Note: In the settings window of each project, the project manager and his/her partner or assistant is indicated. To find out more, refer to this FAQ: How to set up your projects.
Reports are also available from the Timelog application of each project.
Users reports let you quickly confirm that users have filled out their timesheets as opposed to their weekly Working time capacity.
The workweek is the same for all users
Up until this new version of GroupCamp, weekly summary data were displayed depending on the personal settings of each user (first day of the week).
In this new version, the workweek is the same for all users and starts on either Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.
These settings can be found in the Admin panel under the Time Tracking settings icon.
Note: Individual user settings only affect the first day of the week for calendars and datepickers.
Access privileges to new reports
In the Timesheet icon found in the Tracking folder of the Admin Panel:
- Access to Users reports is protected by the privilege: Access to all time-spent records for all users
- Access to Projects reports by users other than project managers, is protected by a new privilege: Access to projects reports by project manager. This privilege allows the selection of Project managers in Projects reports.
To learn more, refer to this FAQ: How to set up the Timesheet application.
In the Timelog icon found in the Project folder of the Admin panel, access to Projects reports by project members is protected by the privilege: Access to all time-spent records for the project. To learn more, refer to this FAQ: How to set up the Timelog application.
Your feedback to our support team is highly appreciated! Please don't hesitate to get in touch as it helps us improve GroupCamp.