We are happy to inform you of some updates to the latest version of GroupCamp.
- Your Time unit choice (days or hours) is now unique to your account. This time unit applies to timesheets, budgets, exports, reports, etc.
- Updates to how timesheets are filled out.
- New display formats for number and duration which can be configured in your preferences. (@ Me > Preferences > Regional options).
- You can decide on the order of your project applications. The display of the project description field has moved from the Activity app. to the Overview app.
- New Copy to... feature for the Tasks app.
New enhancement for resizing GroupCamp Tables.
- Admin panel updates for GroupCamp invoices.
- We have renamed "Google Apps" to "G Suite".
Updates to how timesheets are filled out
Note: the time unit used for your timesheets may have changed.
When the time unit = days (d) the form appears as such:
New feature: you can now enter time in hours and it will be automatically converted into days (see the above screenshot).
The Reports application from the Dashboard is enhanced with 3 new menus and a new table of data presentation.
- The Budget - Time spent menu allows you to track budgets and time spent in a table.
- The Project summary figures menu groups in a table the data located in the Overview application of your projects.
- The Planning of projects menu presents your projects in a Gantt view.
You can now move time spent records from a category to another one. This feature allows you to delete an existing time category.
Go in the Admin Panel, then click on the Categories icon.
Here are the latest improvements to GroupCamp's Timelog and Timesheet applications.
- New Projects reports for project managers.
- New Users reports for viewing the timesheets of all users.
- The workweek is now the same for all users in your GroupCamp.
In following up on your feedback to the GroupCamp support team:
- We have changed the column order for the menus: My recent time spent records and Recent time spent records. The columns for Date and Last update can now be sorted.
- We have revamped recording time spent: 1) the window for recording can now be moved and allows added time to be viewed more easily; 2) links for + Add a time record now exist for each day worked.
We have activated email alerts when recording time spent on tasks.
- Send an email alert when time spent exceeds estimated time on a task.
- Send an email alert when a user records time spent for a task to which that user is not assigned.
Use Tasks settings to configure email alerts.
In addition to the updates described in this blog, we have also worked on GroupCamp's project management.
- New design to the project settings window and to the configuration of Projects settings in the Admin panel
- New project fields: Project code, Project type, Project managers(s), Project privileges and project dates
- Reassign tasks and milestones from one user to another for all projects. New Gantt view.
- Time tracking: Mandatory filling out of configurable Description field, email reminders for weekly timesheet entry (Best plan and higher).
- New overall budget, email alert when the budget exceeds a certain percentage. Budgets are now available from the Start plan.
- New Excel reports
- New Actions menu
- The weekly and monthly stored key metrics and project budget feature has been deleted as it was infrequently used.
New design to Projects settings
Here are some new features that will help you manage time spent more effectively.
In the Timelog application of your projects, you can now browse through monthly records in addition to weekly records.
You can also select multiple records at once and update them simultaneously (record date, timelog category, billable checkbox, etc).