The Reports application from the Dashboard is enhanced with 3 new menus and a new table of data presentation.
- The Budget - Time spent menu allows you to track budgets and time spent in a table.
- The Project summary figures menu groups in a table the data located in the Overview application of your projects.
- The Planning of projects menu presents your projects in a Gantt view.
We are happy to show you the latest developments to the Tasks application located in the Dashboard.
- New menus: My tasks, My completed tasks and My Gantt view.
- New menu for All tasks, which, depending on your privileges, allows you to view all the tasks of users in your projects. OR you can view all tasks assigned to all users in all projects.
- Reports for the Planning menu and List menu have been removed.
And for all Tasks apps located in your projects or in the Dashboard.
- Filter by multiple tags. For example: Product A + Priority 1 + Marketing.
- Save your most often used filters for quick access.
The Tasks application in the Dashboard offers a new design closer to the mobile apps. The same design is found in the Date menu in the Tasks application of your projects.
Access to the All tasks menu is protected by two privileges. All other menus can be accessed by all users.
We have activated email alerts when recording time spent on tasks.
- Send an email alert when time spent exceeds estimated time on a task.
- Send an email alert when a user records time spent for a task to which that user is not assigned.
Use Tasks settings to configure email alerts.
In addition to the updates described in this blog, we have also worked on GroupCamp's project management.
- New design to the project settings window and to the configuration of Projects settings in the Admin panel
- New project fields: Project code, Project type, Project managers(s), Project privileges and project dates
- Reassign tasks and milestones from one user to another for all projects. New Gantt view.
- Time tracking: Mandatory filling out of configurable Description field, email reminders for weekly timesheet entry (Best plan and higher).
- New overall budget, email alert when the budget exceeds a certain percentage. Budgets are now available from the Start plan.
- New Excel reports
- New Actions menu
- The weekly and monthly stored key metrics and project budget feature has been deleted as it was infrequently used.
New design to Projects settings
When your GroupCamp account is linked with your Google Apps for Work domain, you can know view Google Calendars of your colleagues inside GroupCamp.
When colleagues have synced their Google Apps calendars in their GroupCamp preferences, you can access their calendars when assigning a task.
Here are the new improvements we wanted to share with you before Christmas: Thumbnails next to your files are now displayed in emails. We added a Members selector field in the Post a discussion window, we also made new improvements on the Tasks application.
Added thumbnails next to files in your email notifications
In this blogpost, we will outline improvements and bug fixes we worked on between October and November 2015.
Just to name a few: The Inbox application now displays 2 lines instead of just 1, we modified the cursor position when opening the Information panel of an item, we also improved the way you can link milestones to task lists.
Message display in the Inbox application
For every message you receive in your GroupCamp inbox, you can now preview the first two lines instead of just one. This will facilitate your navigation when browsing through your Inbox.
One of the key steps in project portfolio management is to easily identify which projects are at risk in terms of planning and profitability. At project level the project summary metrics already allow you to identify gaps between the allocated time budget and the actual time recorded by your colleagues. However when monitoring a large portfolio of projects it is vital to be able to track gaps and planning issues across projects. The new GroupCamp cross-project export file for project metrics allows you to do that.
Exporting project metrics in Excel
To get an export of project metrics across all projects, go to the Overview application in a project and click on the export icon.
On the screen below above you have multiple options:
- You can choose the time unit in which you want to export your data. Please note that conversion is based on the conversion rate set in your global settings.
- You can export metrics for the current project.
- You can export metrics for all projects in the account. For that since GroupCamp stores project metrics at the end of every business week and at the beginning of every month, you can choose the date for which you want the export.
The Excel file presents a list of all the projects in your account and with a list of all the metrics for that project.