This new feature allows for a zip folder containing several files to be recovered.
- Download a zip folder of attachments from an item.
- In received emails, download a zip folder with all attachments.
- In the Files app, select several files and download a zip folder.
Download a zip folder of attachments from an item
In the attachments tab, the Download button lets you recover a zip folder of attached files.
This week more integration is on the horizon!
The online file sharing service Box is now officially integrated with GroupCamp.
You can now connect your Box service and share files in your GroupCamp projects.
Good news: The GroupCamp online project management software now integrates with the Dropbox file sharing service!
You can now connect your Groupcamp account with your Dropbox account and share files in your GroupCamp projects.
We are happy to annouce the release of the new features you've asked for.
- Files application : Added alphabetical and chonological files sorting (and vice versa)
- Tasks application
- Added task lists in the Search button.
- Aded a filter: My tasks (On-going)
- Added a counter in the Users and Groups applications' menus
- Increased the length of the input field when typing a team's name (increased from 20 to 40 characters)
- Better email notifications so that you keep a pulse on your newly invited users: Invitation confirmation, bouncing email, undelivered email etc.
In the coming days and weeks we will be publishing detailed blog posts on some of the major features we have just released but for now here is an almost exhaustive list of what is new in the latest version of GroupCamp.
It all starts with the new UI
Please refer to our blog on the guiding principles behind the new UI.
The ‘Network’ sidebar menu with Profile and People
- New enriched profile page for users and guests,
- Customize the available fields in user profiles,
- Manage visibility or privacy of your profile information,
- The People app now serves a corporate directory. Invited guests within the app only see people within their own company.
- Please note that Members tab in each project has been removed. Clicking on the members of a project will now direct you to that user’s Profile page
Tracking pack and Timesheet app
- You can now grant access to Timesheet to users of your account even if ther are not members of a project.
- Access to the Tracking pack is managed in the settings for Users and Guests.
Global settings: project time measuring unit & timesheets
- As an Administrator you can set the unit to be used by all users of the account (hours or days) for all projects. This applies to both estimated time and records for time spent,
- The same applies for the Timesheet.
Dear GroupCamp Users,
As you may know GroupCamp is getting ready to launch new offerings for the end of this year and we needed a new User Interface (UI) which would easily accomodate those new applications while keeping or improving your existing user experience.
We are happy to announce that the user interface is ready to be launched and this blog post describes the main changes in the upcoming UI.
1. Introducing the new sidebar on the left
The new User Interface has a new sidebar on the left. The project browing menu therefore moves from the top menu bar to the side bar (click on My Projects). You can also, if you are an Administrator or a Manager, create a new project right from the side bar.
You’ll also see a mention of ‘Open Projects’. I’ll cover this with further details below.
Please note that you can hide the sidebar on the left by clicking on the toggle icon in the top menu bar.
2. New Packs in the left hand pane (Network, Tracking)
The sidebar on the left is where GroupCamp’s new application packs will appear. So you can already see what will be the premise of our planned Enterprise Social Network offering (under Network) and our Tracking offering which is where we hope to bring tracking features such as Expenses and Project costs (on top of the existing time tracking features).
This post is meant to answer regular requests we have from our clients about what are the some of the best practice they should know about when using GroupCamp Project to collaborate with clients. Over the last months we have built many features which makes customer collaboration even easier for our clients. This post presents the 10 best practices which have proved to be key in building successful customer projects. Please note that the basic features for client collaboration video can be found in the video at the end of this post taken from the GroupCamp Webinar series and available in the GroupCamp Youtube Channel
I - Invite your clients into projects as guests and customize application settings
As described in our FAQ, there is a key difference in GroupCamp between Users and Guests. By adding your clients as Guests you can easily control what they can or cannot do in the project settings. You might decide that clients should not be allowed to complete tasks or delete files. This can be achieved in Application Settings.
2 - Plan your teamwork so your team is synced on the key deadlines
There is no client project without key milestones. By using the Milestones app and linking them to task lists, your client can see the key steps (and the updates) in the milestones graphic view. The same of course applies to the cross-project view if your client has been invited in multiple on-going projects within your account. By putting themselves as owners of all milestones of a given project, managers will receive weekly email digests of all tasks related to the milestones of the client project.
3 - Don’t start from scratch every time, build a client project template for Files and Tasks
Client projects often follow the same business process. Automation is therefore key to make sure your team can be as productive as possible. By defining a client template project (create a project and call it ‘Client Project template’) you can import files from the template project using tags and you can import task lists the same way.