2017 begins with stars!
Hello and best wishes for the new year!
Here are the latest updates to GroupCamp.
- Plenty of stars with starred items, starred menus, and starred filters.
- New Inbox application features.
- New default settings when creating a project.
- View the members of a selected management team.
And several other improvements…
Starred items, starred menus, and starred filters
Under starred items, a star icon has been added in front of each item. In applications, you can order your starred items by clicking on the Starred items menu.
The starred items criterion can be found in the feed filters of the applications: Items feed, New items feed, Group feed, etc.
The new @Me > Starred items application sorts all your starred items from newest to oldest.
The starred menu is displayed when accessing an application (click on an application tab).
The Starred filters allow saving custom filters in applications.
The Starred icon has been added to the Admin panel.
Starred items and Starred menus can be disabled by administrators using this icon.
Note: Starred items are available from the BEST plan.
To read more about Starred features, please consult this FAQ: How to use starred items, menus, filters and groups.
New inbox application features
The inbox application displays all comments and/or item updates that you haven’t looked at. You no longer need to click on items to consult them.
- The two most recent comments and/or updates are displayed for each item.
- The unread message counter is refreshed in real time when the curser is placed over an unread message (with your mouse or using the up/down keys on your keyboard).
- You can now also used starred filters and menus.
New settings when creating groups
Field: "Group managers" Privilege
When the field is disabled, project managers and administrators who are members of the project have the Group managers privilege.
When the field is enabled, you can select the options proposed for this field in the settings of each project.
Field: Project access
You can now configure access type and guest enabling for new projects.
Decide the default value for new projects access:
By invitation only
Only selected members can access the project. Colleagues authorized to manage group members can add or remove members.
Open to all colleagues
All colleagues in the account can join or leave the project freely. The project can be found in the menu Directory > Groups > Suggested groups.
To read more about configuring your projects, please consult this FAQ: How to set up projects.
Viewing the members of a selected management team
The new Edit button lets you view/manage members of a selected management team.
And other improvements...
The counters in the Users and Groups applications refresh in real time.
- In the Information panel, the number of followers refreshes in real time when a follower is added or removed.
- Improved text formatting in the Admin panel icons.
- Permalinks on Posts and discussions Topics are now available. To learn more, please consult this FAQ: Using Permalinks.
- The message “Restricted access to comment thread” has been added to an item’s Information panel when you don’t have or no longer have access to that item (e.g. a task or milestone of a project that you are not a member of).
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.
A happy new year with plenty of stars!
GroupCamp - Private Social Network