2016 autumn updates for you projects
In addition to the updates described in this blog, we have also worked on GroupCamp's project management.
- New design to the project settings window and to the configuration of Projects settings in the Admin panel
- New project fields: Project code, Project type, Project managers(s), Project privileges and project dates
- Reassign tasks and milestones from one user to another for all projects. New Gantt view.
- Time tracking: Mandatory filling out of configurable Description field, email reminders for weekly timesheet entry (Best plan and higher).
- New overall budget, email alert when the budget exceeds a certain percentage. Budgets are now available from the Start plan.
- New Excel reports
- New Actions menu
- The weekly and monthly stored key metrics and project budget feature has been deleted as it was infrequently used.
New design to Projects settings
You can now customize project application settings with any GroupCamp plan. You can enable or disable this feature using the Projects settings icon found in the Project folder of the Admin panel.
The project settings window has also been changed.
New project fields
This field lets you select your project type: internal project or client project. When you select Client project, you must associate a company with the project. A new filter for client companies becomes available in the Directory > Groups application.
You can attach a primary project manager and an assistant (or someone functioning as a partner) to each project. You can also require projects to have a manager. The Directory > Groups application lets you manage project managers.
Group managers privilege
A privilege is associated with each feature (e.g Who can modify project settings, Who can manage the budget, etc.). The Group managers privilege lets you reserve certain features for a list of project member colleagues.
This list of colleagues can be configured in the setting of each project.
The Group managers privilege allows you to reserve the right for certain colleagues to modify settings for each project and for project applications.
- Project managers necessarily have the Group managers privilege for their projects.
- Administrators who are project members also have this privilege when the option is enabled.
- One or more colleagues can be added to a project in addition to a management team.
You can define start and end dates to a project and put restrictions on those dates.
New Gantt view, reassign tasks and milestones
The new Gantt view allows for better navigation when viewing and displaying tasks.
The Reassign tasks and milestones feature is available within each project and through the project's Dashboard menu.
You can select Reassign tasks and milestones in a project's Action menu. A privilege is associated with this action. (Admin panel > Project > Projects settings). If your project has custom settings, in the Privileges tab of your project settings window.
You can access this feature for all active projects in your account through the Actions menu of the project's Dashboard. The access privilege can be configured through the Dashboard icon of the Project folder in the Admin panel.
Depending on your needs, you can require that the Timesheet/Timelog Description field be filled out (Admin panel > Time tracking settings).
With the Best Plan or higher, you can enable weekly email notifications for your colleagues to remind them to complete their timesheets (Timesheet Actions menu).
This feature can be accessed through the Actions menu in the Tracking group .
Overall budget and email alerts
Budgets are now available with all paid plans.
In addition to budget per activity, we've added a Overall budget defined in hours or days. We've also added a configurable email alert when time spent exceeds a percentage of the budget that you configure.
The Excel reports have been modified to adapt to different requests received by the GroupCamp support team.
Exports allow you to select: Time spent by project, Time spent by project and time category, Time spent by project and user. You can also find this report in each project's Actions menu.
New Actions menu
Available choices depend on each user's privileges.
We appreciate your feedback at support!
The GroupCamp team